Monday, October 8, 2012

Blog

Reflection I think is key in trying to improve anything you are doing.  Exercise, eating better, relationships, parenting, teaching.  These are some of the things we are told to reflect on in order to make sure what we are doing is working for us and we are continuing to improve.  As a teacher I have always reflected on the different things I have done in the classroom to see what went well and what could be improved.  For me I have always just reflected to myself and not written anything down.  I do at this point wish I would have kept a journal or started a blog to see how I have grown and changed as an educator and also how I have stayed the same.  I think reflection is such a big part of learning and something we should have our students doing on a more regular basis.  I always try to remind my students if they did not do well on a test or a project did not turn out how they wanted to stop reflect.  Could they have studied differently or more.  Did they put enough into the project.  Sometimes I feel students will learn more from their own reflection of a situation then they do from us.  Reflecting is something that I do naturally and I like the idea of putting it down in words.

No comments:

Post a Comment